Valves for drinking water have to meet special requirements – above all high hygienic standards. In addition to valves for a wide variety of applications and branches of industry, SMC now also offers drinking water valves (HF3-JSX series) and the necessary fittings (KFG2H-E) in a hygienic design.
Areas of application for drinking water valves
The HF3-JSX series valves are 2-way solenoid valves designed for direct contact with potable water applications. They are therefore preferably used by branches of industry in which high hygienic standards are required:
- Beverage industry: both in production and in the area of application, e.g. B. at taps (breweries, fruit juice manufacturers, winemakers, etc.)
- Food industry (large bakeries, delicatessen, meat production, milk and cheese industry etc.)
- Pharmaceutical industry (drug manufacturers, vaccine producers, pharmacies …)
Characteristics of the HF3-JSX drinking water valves
The housing and coil material of the drinking water valves consists of hygienic stainless steel. Both the material and the compact design ensure that the valves are easy to clean.
The valves also have other advantages:
- energy-saving (10 percent more coil power, 14 percent less power consumption)
- space-saving thanks to its compact and lightweight design
- Quiet – the special design reduces metal noise during operation
- long durability
- Extremely resistant to corrosion and the most adverse environmental conditions
- The electromagnetic coil can be rotated 360° and can therefore be flexibly adapted to different installation conditions
HF3-JSX series drinking water valves are also IP67 certified, i.e. H. they are dust-tight and waterproof (against temporary submersion), as well as NSF/ANSI 61 (American standard for components in potable water systems), UL and CE.
EHEDG and FDA compliant KFG2H-E series fittings
You can also get suitable fittings from us in a hygienic design – compliant with EHEDG (European Hygienic Engineering and Design Group) and FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and suitable for media temperatures from -5 to +150°C.
- The KFG2H-E series clamp connections that go with the HF3-JSX drinking water valves are easy to clean and are designed in such a way that residual liquids roll off better after cleaning instead of being deposited. In addition, the penetration of liquids is prevented.
- The fittings are made of 316 stainless steel and have a high level of protection against corrosion. The material used for the rubber parts is a special FKM, which is colored blue for better visibility.
- Here you will find all specifications of the SMC drinking water valves as well as the matching clamp connections of the KFG2H-E series.
If you would like to find out more or have specific questions, please contact us – our team will be happy to help you.